Fire Extinguisher Theft Stopper® with 12 Volt, Remote Powered Horn
To help stop theft, vandalism or misuse of fire extinguishers.
If you are fed up with replacing your fire extinguishers, this sturdy, self-contained device is the answer. It has proven highly effective in helping stop theft, misuse or vandalism of fire extinguishers. Yet, it leaves the extinguisher accessible for emergencies and does not interfere with fire fighting in any way.
How it works.
If the protected fire extinguisher is moved from its normal position, the device emits a piercing alarm. Also, the highly visible stop sign design and the words "STOP, EMERGENCY USE ONLY" discourages wrongful use. The device is easy to install and a deactivation cable is supplied for ease in servicing the extinguisher. 12 VOLT Remote Powered VDC model. Recommended operating range 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C).
- Highly visible "stop sign" design
discourages wrongful use of extinguisher.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when
activated, drawing attention in a hurry (95 dB low
volume setting can be set if desired).
Virtually indestructible polycarbonate housing.
- Compact patented design 5 in. (127mm) in diameter
and 1.875in (48mm) deep.
- Mounts easily next to
- 9-VDC alkaline battery powered model
available, see STI-6200.
- Deactivation cable provided for service by
- Three year guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate in normal use (one year on electro mechanical and electronic components).
- Housing is molded of super tough
polycarbonate and is UV-stabilized.
- Typical working properties of polycarbonate are -40° to 250°F (-40° to 121°C).
- For fire
extinguishers housed in cabinets, refer to STI-6255 Mini Theft Stopper® .
Note: End user must verify the alarm functions every six months.