Wireless Fire Extinguisher Theft Stopper®
Help stop theft, vandalism or misuse of fire extinguishers.
If you are fed up with replacing your fire extinguishers, this sturdy, self-contained, wireless device is the answer. It has proven highly effective in helping stop theft, misuse or vandalism of fire extinguishers. Yet, it leaves the extinguisher accessible for emergencies and does not interfere with fire fighting in any way.
How it works.
If the protected fire extinguisher is moved from its normal location, the device emits a piercing alarm and sends a signal to an STI receiver (sold separately). The highly visible stop sign design and the words "STOP, EMERGENCY USE ONLY" also discourages wrongful use. Easy to install. Includes a 9-VDC alkaline battery and deactivation cable (for servicing the extinguisher). Recommended operating range 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C).
Wireless Alert Series:
- Supervised wireless 433MHz (requires 4-Channel Receiver STI-34104 or 8-Channel Receiver STI-34108).
- Highly visible "stop sign" design
discourages wrongful use of extinguisher.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when
activated, drawing attention in a hurry (95 dB low
volume setting can be set if desired).
- Up to 1000 foot (line of sight) range.
Virtually indestructible polycarbonate housing.
- Compact patented design 5 in. (127mm) in diameter
and 1.875in (48mm) deep.
- Mounts easily next to
- 9-VDC alkaline battery
- Remote powered 12 VDC model
available for special applications (STI-6200R).
Deactivation cable provided for service by
- Typical working properties of polycarbonate are -40° to 250°F (-40° to 121°C).
- Three year guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate in normal use (one year on electro mechanical and electronic components).
- Housing is molded of tough
polycarbonate and is UV-stabilized.
- For fire
extinguishers housed in cabinets, refer to STI-6255 Mini Theft Stopper® .
Note: End user must verify the alarm and battery function every six months and replace battery annually or as required.