Exit Stopper® Momentary Reset
Highly effective, alarm alerts you to any unauthorized exits/entries through emergency exit doors and rear doors. Serves as an inexpensive security device and helps stop theft as well.
The STI-6405 unit uses a momentary switch. After initial installation, unit is always on and you do not have to remember to turn it on when you leave a protected area. This model also eliminates having to remember to re-arm it because it is never off.
Exit Stopper emits an ear piercing alarm for 30 seconds, three minutes or continuously (as preset by the user). Another option is annunciator mode, in this mode it announces a doors opening with a set of 10 beeps and then resets.
When the alarm is triggered, to silence the alarm, insert the key and turn completely to the "RESET" position and hold for 2 seconds, then release. The switch will spring back to its original position and push the key out. To turn the unit off the power supply must be removed. Exit Stopper is fitted with a long life 9-VDC alkaline battery. It is available in red or green for almost any type of door, mounting or installation.
- Highly visible "stop sign" design acts as a deterrent.
- Remains "on" or armed at all times.
- Has a momentary reset option.
- Unit is completely self-contained and easy to install.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when activated, drawing attention in a hurry (95 dB low volume setting can be selected if desired).
- Upon installation, user can select whether to use as an alarm or annunciator.
- Alarm mode can be set to sound for 30 seconds, 3 minutes or indefinitely (unless reset with key supplied or until battery is drained).
- In annunciation mode, alarm announces door entry/exit with 2 beeps and repeated 5 times.
- May be programmed for 15-second entry/exit delay or immediate trip.
- Arming delay allows unit to arm following an authorized exit.
- May be mounted on top, right, left or next to almost
- Detects both unauthorized exits and entries.
- Less expensive than heavy horizontal bar type units.
- Practical for all emergency doors.
- Compact patented design 5 in. (127mm) in diameter and 1.875 in. (48mm) deep.
- Also available in green housing to comply with newer standards (STI 6405-G).
- 9-VDC alkaline battery is provided.
- Recommended operating temperature 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C).
- Should not be exposed to water.
- Not for outdoor use.
- Includes one warning label 16200. This label is often placed on the outside of the door protected by Exit Stopper.
- Housing is molded of super tough polycarbonate and is UV-stabilized.
- Typical working properties of polycarbonate are -40° to 250°F (-40° to 121°C).
- Three year guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate in normal use (one year on electro mechanical and electronic components).
Note: End user must verify the alarm and battery function every six months and replace battery annually or as required.